These new-technology "dry ice" packs are the perfect replacement for applications where dry ice, ice packs, gel packs, or regular ice is currently used.
On this HDR (Heavy-Duty Reusable) model, the NON-TOXIC polymer refrigerant inside has a layer of textile/fabric and a layer of plastic on the top and on the bottom. This economical dry-ice substitute is ideal for the one-way movement of perishables such as food, flowers, etc.
You don't have to use Dry Ice any more or regular ice (except in your drink).
1. Can stay frozen for days.
2. Doesn't turn back to water, so no more soggy food.
3. Sheets are 11X16 inches (9X13X1 after hydrating) and can be cut to size, as small as 2-inch cubes.
4. Re-usable many times.
5. Better than Dry Ice: Techni-ICE is cheaper, doesn't evaporate, and it's non-toxic, so you can use as much of it as you want for shipping perishables. Dry Ice is limited to 5 pounds by the USPS and most carriers.
6. You can freeze it colder than ice, and even colder than dry ice! (if you can get your freezer that cold)
7. The longer you freeze it, the colder it gets and the colder it makes your freezer. Put enough sheets of Techni-ICE in your freezer, and it makes your freezer cold enough to be a commercial-grade freezer.
8. Also heats in the microwave to use as a heating pack.
RV's: Place one or two sheets in your 12V fridge/freezer to reduce battery consumption and increase its general efficiency. Leave it in the fridge/freezer with the power off overnight to further reduce battery consumption.
Camping, Hunting, Fishing, & Boating: As a reusable long lasting ice replacement for coolers and cooler bags for keeping food and drinks both hot or cold. Click this link to see a fisherman's review of Techni-ICE : http://www.tackletour.com/reviewtechniice.html
Picnics: To wrap around drinks and keep food fresh.
Children: Techni-ICE can be cut to fit any lunchbox to keep food cool or hot.
Housewives: Bring frozen food and ice cream home from the supermarket when you can't go straight home.
Mothers: Keep babies bottles warm or cool for milk or juice. As a warming pack in strollers or cribs.
Transport: All perishables, including meat, fish, fruit, vegetables, cut flowers and chocolates, etc.
Catering and Deliverables: Consumer deliveries such as pizza, diet meals and pre-prepared food, which require food to be kept hot or cold.
Meals On Wheels: Used by local food banks throughout the US.
Medical: Transportation of Pathology Samples, e.g. blood, tissue, medicine, etc.
Hospital: Cut to size for a flexible ice pack and used for the reduction of swelling after surgery, or for perineum after childbirth, after an epidural as an ice-cold test, etc.
Dental: Can be cut into individual cells and used to reduce swelling after tooth extraction and given to patients to take with them.
First Aid: As a flexible wrap around ice pack or heat pack for injuries.
Sports: As a flexible wrap around ice pack by all sports clubs and sports organizations such as football, basketball, baseball, soccer, hockey, tennis, downhill skiing, volleyball, etc.
Post-Op: Used as a flexible heat pack, to keep bedding warm for post operative and sick animals.
Delivery: Transporting Pathology Samples.
Horses: A flexible ice pack to mold around horses legs.